Create New Connection
If you wish to create a new connection, navigate to the
Connections tab in the sidebar and click the
Create Connection button.
After a new window shows up, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Connection name – Name of the new connection
- Type – Connection type
- Hostname – The hostname or IP address of your remote server.
- Username – The username on your remote server
- Initial dir – The directory path you want to access at the remote server
- Timeout - The connection timeout setting measured in seconds
If you select SSH as your desired connection type, additional you will have to provide additional info:
- Authorization – The authorization method you want to use for connecting to the remote server
- Password – The password for your remote server if you select Password as your authorization method
- Private key – Your private key for connecting to the remote server if you select Private key as your authorization method
Note: You have to create at least one container to create a new connection. Don't know how to create a container? Find out here.